Piazza Monte Calvario, Santuario di Santa Croce – 18100 Imperia
tel +39 3398861464
Open every first Sunday of the month from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
or by appointment
Realized by the Brotherhood of the Holy Trinity, the Museum is located in the complex of the eighteenth-century Sanctuary of the Holy Cross on Mount Calvary, jewel of art and d ‘architecture, which offers great views of the city .
Below the center of the square cross it is buried a container that preserves the “Holy Land ” coming from a pilgrimage to Palestine in 1680 carried around by Don Bartholomew Bruno, founder of the Sanctuary. The Museum contains documents that testify to the history and traditions of the same: old ceremonial robes, processional banners, vestments, relics, altar furnishings, paintings and sculptures, including a stone Madonna Provencal area of the fourteenth century.