1Next to the “Collegio”, built by Ulisse Calvi in 1699-1713, hosting today secondary school “De Amicis” after hosting the high school of Oneglia for about 3 century, the church of Our Lady, built at the beginning of thee eighteenth-century by architect G.F. Marvaldi from Candeasco. Starting 1909 the church is cunducted by Padri Minimi and is property of Imperia Municipality. 2At street number 11,you can find the ex oil mill Giovanni Bonavera, after named Piccardo e Savorè adorned whit an external painted strip describing female portrait, made by F.Audissino (1904). 3At street number the new Riccardi’s building whit an extraordinary entrance hall and a staircase adorned by original capitals. 4At house number n. , the palace of Counts Calsamiglia from Villaguardia (noble since 1722) and of the namesake cousins (non noble) dearest friends of Vernet, Vieusseux and other stocks coming from Ginevra and arrived in Oneglia during the eighteenth-century. 5At house number 2 the house where the florentine painter Enrico Rossi lived and had his atelier (1866-1947): he was a portraitist and landscape painter locally very famous. 6In Bianchi square (restructured in 1967-1969 based on a project of M. Aprosio whit olive culture related ornamental ) you can admire the impressive Calvi-Bianchi palace (street number n°5): on a sixteenth-century nucleus, lawyer Alessandro Bianchi, member of parliament for three legislature between 1857 and 1875, built the palace.
Historical itinerary Calvi Square – Dante Square, Oneglia – Imperia
The route composed by Amendola street -Bonfante street born in the second half of eighteenth-century as ring-road around the old town of Savoy: the idea has been recalled in a proper urban project by General Vialardi based on a engineer Moglino’s projects. Bonfante street, starting 1819-1820, has been affected by works aimed at build the arcades that give to the centre town a typical look from Piedmont.
The apartment at noble floor (which hosted King Carlo Alberto in 1836 and Duke Amedeo Filiberto in 1875) keeps internal paint decoration in neoclassical/Romantic style to which collaborated the painter Leonardo Massabò.7Next to the entry of Orti Gallery (streeth number 39), a little niche consecrated to Our Lady made of a painted slate plate, unfortunately not well conserved, is one of the remaining among those made by the Spanish occupying in 1745-46 . 8At street number 24 a commemorative stone reminds citizens of Giuseppe Garibaldi who stopped at lodging house “Falco” in September 1848. The stone was placed thanks to Circolo Polare Progressista in 1883. 9Vieusseux road, built as side street of the prison (building based on a drawing of Bosso from Casale in 1839-1948) and Umberto di Savoia Theatre built in 1862-1866 by G. Bissini and f. Zuccarelli .
Today, in place of the Theatre, rise the Hotel Rossini, built during the period 2001 -2004 by architect. Rebuttato.10Dante square, previously Maria Teresa square, surrounded by Arcades and developed around the central fountain graced whit bronze little angel, was commissioned by Major Agen to Sculptor V.Audania form Turin. 11At n° 5 the historical Caffè Piccardo, e proper monument to social relation typical of middle class from Oneglia. 12Former Oneglia Town Hall (house number n°4), built in1890-1891 on a Romanesque style drawing of architect A.Regnoli and engineer G. Agnesi, right after a fully unsuccessful project of engineer Oneglio (1854) caused by financial problems. It has been the Oneglia Town Hall between 1892 and 1923, and after,since the 1930-1930 the new born municipality of Imperia. From 1930 to 1943 it hosted the Command of Military Division Cosseria, then the Chamber of Labour from 1945 up to 1956. During 2006-2007 it was reconditioned, and today it hosts Social Services Offices.